Sunday 11 May 2014

LOVE FOR PLUS: Summer Wedding Guest Look #1

    Summer is a popular time for weddings and finding a nice outfit for a formal wedding can be a bit daunting when its hot out. Stick to light fabrics, soft colors like pastels and you are golden! I suggest that you also look for outfits that you can throw a light cardigan on for the more modest parts of the wedding and then you can take it off for the not so modest ones ;)

    I choose to go with a long dress from ModCloth.com - ALMOND I EVER WANTED, an etherial floor length dress with a lacy sweetheart bodice and a beige/almond color skirt. For covering up a little, I will use a beige or white pashmina since I could not find a white lacy cropped cardigan or shrug at a reasonable price. To keep the look delicate I chose some accessories from TOP SHOP and Forever 21 that had a similar feel with touches of gold and pearly stones. For shoes, I have some old nude pumps, not too high, that seem perfect to finish it all off.

    I decided to keep the hair simple with a sock bun and my make up light by using the Urban Decay Naked Pallet 3 which has some soft pinks and purple hues (I got mine for Christmas as a gift, but there are many other similar pallets that are less expensive and work just as well) - There are millions of tutorials on youtube showing you some looks using the NAKED 3, a really nice tutorial by one of my favorite youtubers is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvhHsjgpZAc by Cora @ (VINTAGEORTACKY)

The look is girly, youthful and elegant, but simple:


No comments:

Post a Comment