Saturday 27 October 2012

Halloween Costumes 2012: Queen Ravenna

     I have always loved Halloween. Choosing a costume, dressing up in unusual ways and doing elaborate make-up are my ideas of good fun. I love it when people are very into it and come up with some creative costumes. At the beginning of my search, I had no idea what I wanted to be. Stores tend to carry popular costumes of the season as well as the classics like witch, cat, zombie, doctor, cowboy, princess and all the usual. I personally prefer a costume you come up with, rather than choosing a generic one that someone else might be wearing at the costume party I'll be attending.

     I love to find inspiration in movies and this year one particular character stood out for me , I absolutely loved Queen Ravenna from "Snow White and the Huntsman (2012)", character portrayed by the beautiful and talented Charlize Theron. The movie had a very dark and goth-like feel to it and it made it delivered a very different version to the classic Snow White we grew up with. Ravenna, Snow White's step mother,  is a vain woman who wants youth and power. She is as evil as she is elegant and poised. Not only was the role magnificently portrayed by Theron, but the make up and wardrobe elevated the character to a whole new level. The wardrobe included dark colors, amazing textures, feathers and chains. All her outfits were elegant, sophisticated and sexy. Overall, it had an Alexander McQueen look to it.

Silver and black with feathers and metal bits seems to have been inspired by crows. It is extremely elegant.

I loved this black and gold dress paired with the very modern looking accessories.


All her crowns and headdresses were amazingly elaborate and so unique.

The wardrobe for the movie was amazing and they must have cost a fortune but here are a few links to help you achieve the look:

Costume:

Deluxe Ravenna Skull Dress Women's Costume

Deluxe Queen Ravenna Women's Costume


Make up:

Queen Ravenna Make Up Tutorial

HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment